Video games are certainly an art. The problem is that ideas for video games are not easy to develop. And it doesn’t seem as fresh or as exciting even if we get an idea as we want. Below is a few ways in which you can generate creative ideas to keep your video game playable from start to finish.
1. Funny. Funny. Humor can transform the seemingly terrible boring into something that is tolerable but also attractive. And when boredom is a disease, it is cure for laughter. If you can put in your game jokes, funny pictures or goophy characters, your players relax and combine a good feeling for your game – a definite form for success!
2. Let the beaten path wander your mind. Since much of our thought is associative anyway, you can’t show this association in your video game, for no reason. If you think of another idea, include it in a video game regardless of how illogical the link is (at first). Keep in mind that video games are your creative platform. It’s time to be a bit unconventional and a little wild. We surely wouldn’t have the creative gems we have today without this free-form thinking. At the appropriate time you can always restore a sense of logic.
3. Make the truth of your dreams. Turn your dreams literally into scenarios for video games. Has there been a late nightmare? Enter in the game the frightful thing. Had a dream lately ridiculously dumb? Take a detour or distraction into the game. Dreams can sometimes be more interesting than life, and you want your games to be the same as video game designers. Keep a dream diary and write down the odd experiences at night. Thank you for that, your gamers.
4. Nature of copying. Let’s be honest – Nature is quite strange. We have bees and pollinating plants. Water evaporates into the sky and falls down as the rain from the clouds. Childbirth is an odd phenomenon, and germs – a herd of elephants can be brought down by the smallest thing. You will have done what every man secretly desires that he himself can do when you can imitate some of these crazy things in your own video games. And this takes nature into your own hands and shapes it into your desired reality! But do not faithfully copy nature. Twist it around. Twist it all around. Instead of flying bees and pollinating plants, for instance.
5. History dig. 5. Our own history, but not the boring stuff is another good resource for video gaming. This is the good thing we’re discussing. The awkward thing. Look for strange and strange news online and include the murderous things you’ve done in the past as part of your game. Your players are not going to believe what they see!
6. Go happy with the metaphor. Metaphors are speaking figures where expressions refer to something it does not denote literally. It just indicates a similarity. We’re not sure, but we are quite persuaded that many of the video game space ships rely on our so-called “nuts and bolts.” You will start to see a similarity between the two, if you look closely at the designs and then look at some tools in your toolbox. You can do the same for certain really unique images and situations in your video games.